ArgoGlobal (‘Argo’) in partnership with the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation has launched its sailing and water sports specific personal accident and travel insurance product, which caters for crews of all types and skill levels and for professional and elite individuals.
The insurance includes coverage for:
• Limits of up to GBP 5m on Personal Accident, Medical Emergency & Travel (various limits can be purchased at different costs)
• 24 hour medical response with dedicated claims handlers
• On and off the water
• Owners, employees and guests
• Permanent disablement, death, dismemberment and injury (defined benefits)
• Baggage and personal effects
• Cost of replacement crew
The ASSF was founded in memory of, and inspired by, Olympic Gold Medallist, sailor Andrew ‘Bart’ Simpson who died at the age of 36. The charity was formed by Trustees Sir Ben Ainslie, Iain Percy OBE and Leah Simpson, Andrew’s wife. All monies received by ASSF from the sale of insurance products will be used to fund worldwide sailing causes in line with the foundation’s objectives.