The Southampton Boat Show returns in September and includes one of Europe’s biggest purpose-built marinas. Now in its 47th year, the event will showcase the best that the international marine industry has to offer with thousands of boats, brands and equipment on display and will feature the very latest world launches.
There will be plenty of opportunities to get out on the water for free and experience the latest RIBs, powerboats and yachts . The free attractions will include:
· On the Water’s ‘Get Afloat’, supported by the team at Rockley: a tailor made attraction offering visitors aged 8 – 16 year the chance to discover dinghy sailing and Stand up Paddleboarding.
· ‘Try-a-Boat’ sessions from On the Water to allow visitors to experience being out on the water on a varied selection of vessels.
· ‘Wet Wheels’ is a 9m Cheetah Catamaran that has been specially adapted for wheelchair access. Powered by two of Suzuki’s flagship V6 300hp outboard engines it is capable of driving at 40 knots.
· RYA Active Marina Experience will once again be offering visitors the opportunity to refresh their boating skills and get advice from expert instructors through the on-water and shore-based workshops.
Other attractions will include:
· A big wheel offering panoramic views across the Show
· The spectacular Earl of Pembroke tall ship will take a break from featuring in blockbuster movies to allow visitors to climb aboard;
· The Red Arrows will be performing their famous show-stopping display.
Date: 11 September – 20 September
Time: 10am – 6.30pm from 11 – 19 September and 10am – 6pm on Sunday 20 September
Tickets: Advance tickets start from £15, with two children under the age of 15 going free with each adult. Concessions are also available. For further information on ticketing visit: www.southamptonboatshow.com